8.28.2007

it has been a long august...

between Aspen...


and Matagorda...


and the polka-dot palace...


it has been one long and busy August. It took a lot of work to get my new classroom ready for the school year. These pictures were on meet the parent night (which explains the tubs and boxes). I painted the classroom, hung my fabric on the bulletin board, have my wonderful curtains from Mary and got all the things ready that I needed in the very short month of August. We kept Aspen 4 days, I was in Matagorda for 3, worked in my room for almost the rest of the month, kept things together for church... so if you see one of my friends along the way - tell them hi for me. Oh! And I had to help my best friend get her new classroom ready. (I've spent so much at the teacher store...)

I just wanted to check in. Here are a couple more pictures from my classroom. I'll get some more soon, I only got a few taken before the parents and kids came for a visit.

When you enter, these things are to your right on the wall. Hall passes, school pocket chart has bus numbers, a table for take-home folders and turning in work.

The "table cloth" on this little table is actually one of the curtains that went over my closet last year, when the door was missing. (?? still don't know why...) I have the sides safety-pinned and so it looks nice and neat. It is also not too wide that it blocks the door.

The third of 3 fabulous curtains in my room. This one covers up an unbelievably yucky tile thing above the sink. I've also put our birthday chart there in the little alcove. I need a better option for the mirror.


This is part of the board where I do morning meeting. Our calendar, days of the week, months of the year, days in school, job charts, weather, poetry, counting, alphabet chart for alpha cheer... and (of course) plenty of polka dots.


I'll post more soon of the reading center and other things. :)

1 comment:

a Pocket Angel said...

Brandy, What a wonderful and huge classroom! Looks like you have been very busy. Love the color of the room. What fun polka dot curtains (great job Mom Mary) and board trim...
What a delightful place for your 1st graders to be. It's bright and cheery. Thanks so much for sharing the photos and room with us. Hope you have a great school year..
~Mary~ :-}