9.14.2008

Back at it again...

Thursday night we got 100 more evacuees from hurricane Ike. I went and worked Friday night and then spent most of the day yesterday at the church. We lost electricity because of the storm, both at home and at the church. I've been cleaning and doing laundry, talking with the kids and just been an extra pair of hands. I hate that I won't be able to help much this week because of school. Please keep these people in your prayers; as of right now they do not know when they will be able to go home. I had the chance to worship with some of these people last night, and I received the blessing. Some of these families are in such good spirits, and are so thankful. I for one am happy to serve.

We have some debris in the yard, but luckily nothing major. There were trees and power lines and poles down all over the area. A few trees were down across the road and on houses just a few houses down the road. We were/are lucky.

A few days ago I did manage to stamp a few cards last weekend. This is one of the cutest stamp sets that I got from the new Stampin' Up! catalog! :) The owls are too cute! Mom said that she never would have thought that owls would be popular again.
I used the new Washington Apple pattern paper! Super cute colors with new Riding Hood Red and then of course the great Pumpkin Pie!


4 comments:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am praying for all that were and are in the path of this storm...m...

a Pocket Angel said...

Brandy, So glad I stopped by your blog to find out that you & the family are Ok. You all have been in my thoughts for days now..
Sounds like you have been very busy Gal.
Bless your heart for helping everyone the way you do!
The Owl cards are just ADORABLE!
Take care.. You and Texas are in my prayers.
Hugs & much love ~Mary~ :-}
PS Please tell Mama Mary and Papa Burl hello for me.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I got my incredibly kind and awesome gift from your giveaway!!
You are such an awesome person caring for others in their time of need and sending such thoughtful gifts. A fellow blogger and I are going to craft next week using these beautiful papers....Thanks again ...Mary...

Pam said...

Hi Brandy,

I like your new layout, and that's a great picture of you!